An ATIXA Special Event Webinar – Maintaining Title IX Program Integrity in a Pandemic
Click here to obtain this recording!
Complimentary for all Members of the ATIXA Community
Once directed, please log-in with your ATIXA membership credentials
Join Title IX and online program experts for a webinar on maintaining your Title IX program remotely. All of ATIXA’s members are facing scale-backs or shutdowns as a result of the novel coronavirus COVID-19. We may need to find ways to address key program elements remotely, including remedies, investigations, hearings, and appeals. ATIXA has worked to pull together a set of key advisory tips to help you keep your program functioning as we weather this pandemic. This 75-minute on-demand webinar will feature presenters W. Scott Lewis, J.D., Saundra K. Schuster, J.D., Brett A. Sokolow, J.D., and Poppy Fitch. Topics include:
- Will OCR permit delays during a pandemic?
- What will program shut-downs mean for recipients?
- If your program is scaled-back, how can you temporarily conduct your program remotely?
- Triaging the case load
- Assuring you have updated contact information from the parties
- Shifting to providing case materials by secure tech
- Conduct interviews by phone or video call?
- Assessing credibility remotely
- Explaining delays
- Minimizing delays
- Allow parties to accept alternate resolution formats and policy changes
- Giving parties notice of delays
- Tracking down witnesses remotely
- Changing policy on the fly – what can you do, and how should you do it?
- Enhancing communication under less than ideal circumstances
- Managing notice that comes in during a shutdown or scale-back
ATIXA’s OCR Regs Webinar Review Series
Are you concerned about the new proposed OCR regulations and how they will impact your work in the field of Title IX? Are you interested in learning how to interpret the often unclear and confusing language that is listed in the new regulations? How is OCR going to enforce these new changes for your institution? How should you go about implementing the hearing panel apparatuses and training requirements?
ATIXA is hosting a series of free live webinars to cover the regulations and changes coming from the OCR, including Q&A from our membership. Our first free webinar is designed to provide our members with an overview of the regulations and substantive areas for which ATIXA will continue to stand. The second webinar will discuss effective commenting and proposed policy/process revisions and changes. Each webinar will be approximately 60 minutes in length. Please sign up for each webinar separately below. If you are unable to attend, a recording of each webinar will be made available to members following the webinars.
Webinar 1: Regulations Overview
Recorded Monday, January 14, 2019 from 4pm-5pm ET
Webinar 2: Effective Commenting
Recorded Tuesday, January 15, 2019 from 12pm-1pm ET
ATIXA Town Hall
ATIXA leadership hosted a free Q&A session on the recent 6th Circuit rulings and the anticipated impact on Title IX processes and procedures. A recording is available below.