Explore concepts critical to effective Title IX programs and gain a deeper understanding of the nuance of consent.
This half-day workshop allows for a deep dive beyond “Yes means yes, and no means no.” Understanding consent and applying it requires an appreciation of the nuances of how consent works. The facilitators will spend the first two hours of the workshop in a detailed discussion of consent including legal and policy constructs, consent communication, implied consent, ratification, incapacitation, and consent withdrawal. Then, participants will work through six to eight short case studies in small breakout groups to apply the lessons of the discussion. For the last hour, the participants will all come back together to discuss the case studies and weave all the course learning together into a cogent consent construct with feedback from the facilitators.
What makes this workshop valuable?
From both a compliance and education perspective, consent plays a significant role in Title IX support or compliance roles. This workshop will benefit and broaden your ability to conceptualize and apply consent standards in your work.
Why should I attend a workshop focused exclusively on consent?
Understanding consent is critical to effective investigation and decision-making practices. The Title IX regulations incorporate consent into multiple offense definitions and consent also plays a significant role in understanding healthy relationships. Therefore, this workshop can further both your compliance obligations as well as your prevention and education efforts.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Understand different consent standards including pure consent, “affirmative” consent, and regulations-based consent
- Explain the concept of implied consent and how it informs investigation questions and policy determinations
- Apply the ATIXA Consent Construct in practice
- Identify indicators of force or coercion and develop appropriate follow-up questions
- Recognize how consent works in kink interactions
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Hearing Chairpersons
- Appeals Decision-makers
- Legal Counsel
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Training and Prevention Professionals
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety/School Resource Officers
- Superintendents, Principals, & Assistant Principals
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $349 Member
- $399 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.