Pave the Way for a More Equitable & Inclusive Campus Environment
Empower your campus community with the knowledge and skills cultivated through this course to ensure equitable and inclusive spaces where all students and staff members can thrive.
Develop an awareness of the civil rights laws, regulations, and policies related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education and employment settings. Delve into the historical context of non-discrimination laws and practices that influence current policies and practices.
Participate in a range of individual and group activities simulating real-life scenarios to learn fresh ideas for addressing incidents of bias, microaggressions, and free speech issues while deepening your policy and procedural knowledge.
- Historical Context of Non-Discrimination Laws
- Legal Framework & Regulations
- Evaluating Discriminatory Policies & Practices
- Meeting the Challenges of Free Speech & Academic Freedom
- Navigating Response to Incidents & Microaggressions
Develop a comprehensive understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion laws, regulations, and policies in higher education and employment settings to foster a true sense of belonging for your campus constituents.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify historical events that have led to current non-discrimination laws and practices
- Distinguish between the individual non-discrimination laws and to whom they apply
- Evaluate current policies and practices for discriminatory impact and/or language
- Understand the tensions presented by free speech and academic freedom in bias mitigation
- Understand effective response practices to incidents within education and employment contexts
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Hearing Chairpersons
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Informal Resolution Facilitators
- Intake/Case Coordinators
- Training and Prevention Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety/School Resource Officers
- Victim Advocates
- Athletics Liaisons
- Athletic Directors & Administrators
- Athletic Coaches
- Student Affairs Administrators
- ADA/Section 504 Coordinators
- Disability Services Professionals
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professionals
- School Board Members
- Superintendents, Principals, & Assistant Principals
- Case Managers
- Behavioral Intervention & Threat Assessment Team Members
- Academic Affairs Administrators & Deans
- LGBTQIA+ Resource Center Professionals
- Institutional Research Professionals
- Special Education/Exceptional Education Program Administrators
This course is tailored to be applicable for Higher Education Institutions, K-12 Schools and Districts, as well as Dual Enrollment programs.
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,690 Member
- $1,790 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- June 17 - 18: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby. Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion