Explore Title IX’s application to hospitals with medical residency and other educational programs that accept federal funds.
Title IX Coordinator for Healthcare Educators and Providers is a specialized version of ATIXA’s introductory certification course in the Title IX Coordinator curriculum. This course focuses on foundational law, evolving case law, regulations, and sub-regulatory guidance. ATIXA recommends that all Title IX Coordinators and Administrators working in healthcare education – whether that be in technical school, college, university, clinical, or hospital settings – complete this course.
Faculty will address the distinct areas of complexity faced by practitioners in multi-jurisdictional healthcare settings and industry standards for compliance in healthcare education. Attention will be given to determining jurisdiction and other steps of the initial assessment process when a complaint is received. The faculty will also incorporate realistic scenario examples and case studies to allow participants to practice applying their knowledge with the guidance of expert faculty.
I’m new to Title IX. Is this course basic enough?
This is a foundational course and is appropriate for individuals new to Title IX compliance.
How do I know if Title IX applies to my hospital?
If you are a teaching hospital, or accept federal funds for your residency program, Title IX applies to you.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Explain the Title IX Coordinator’s responsibility at each phase of the resolution process
- Discuss the impact of Title IX, VAWA Section 304, and relevant case law on compliance requirements
- Develop recordkeeping protocols that meet regulatory requirements
- Evaluate their Title IX Team structure for strengths, weaknesses, and additional needs
- Coordinate overlapping policies when necessary
- Review a formal complaint and determine: When do Title IX and/or other policies apply, Which entity(s) has jurisdiction, Appropriate application of supportive measures, Coordination of multiple entities’ responses
Who Should Attend
- Healthcare Administrators
- Title IX Coordinators in Healthcare Education
- Title IX Coordinators for Institutions with Healthcare Education Programs
- Academic Administration and Deans in Healthcare Administration
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,599 Member
- $1,699 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- October 4-5: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
This course is designed as hospital based or medical school based Coordinator and Administrators specifically speaking to the intersection of Title VII and Title IX and the implications if you obtain federal funds.
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.