Gain a profound understanding of effective practice strategies for investigation report writing and avoid common pitfalls.
In this hands-on session, topics covered will include managing sensitive information, integrating quotations, addressing unavailable information, using footnotes, incorporating feedback from the parties post-review, writing credibility assessments, and more. Faculty will review the most common errors they see in investigation reports and how to prevent them. Training participants will have the opportunity to critique sample investigation report excerpts with the faculty to evaluate both clarity and content.
How is Investigation Report Writing different from other Investigator courses?
Rather than focusing on the investigation process, this course is narrowly focused on writing clear, concise investigation reports and compiling the directly related evidence file.
Will my writing be evaluated during this course?
No. The faculty will provide all of the examples and will not ask participants to share their own work.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Identify problematic language in investigation reports and suggest remedies
- Become aware of common report writing issues and why they are problematic
- Become familiar with best practices for protecting participant privacy through redaction, etc.
- Be able to integrate different sources of evidence into an investigation report in a clear manner
- Understand the different sections of an investigation report and the content which should be included in each
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Legal Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Law Enforcement/School Resource Officers
- Superintendents, Principals & Assistant Principals
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- November 1: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.