This two-day version of the pending Title IX Regulations Implementation for Higher Education course is offered to accommodate your training needs. This certification course provides a comprehensive review of the procedural and substantive elements of the pending Title IX regulations, with a focus on practical implementation strategies for Title IX administrators. This fully comprehensive two-day course provides additional nuances and best practices surrounding the Regulations.
Day One: Overview focuses on the revised regulatory requirements and the policy, procedural, and practice changes needed to ensure compliance. Title IX professionals will leave this course with an understanding of:
- Elements of the various phases of the Title IX Grievance Process
- Training and reporting requirements
- Awareness and response requirements for pregnant and parenting students and employees
- Protections for LGBTQIA+ individuals, including trans, transitioning, and non-binary athletes
- Title IX scope and applicability
Day Two: Implementation, Nuances & Best Practices will delve deeper into specific sections of the Final Rule, the nuances of each, anticipating challenges, and exploring how to implement key provisions. Expert presenters will place this discussion against the backdrop of ATIXA’s best practices approach for institutional sex-based discrimination and harassment grievance procedures, as well as more specific protections for non-discrimination on the basis of pregnancy or related conditions.
ATIXA experts will share their best thinking and detail the many policy decisions facing Title IX professionals, including how to structure and staff your processes, as well as how to incorporate specific requirements that might apply to your institution either because of state law requirements or governing court precedent in your jurisdiction. Change is always a challenge, but the proposed rule includes some very good news. Where the 2020 regulations were very rigid and inflexible, the 2023 proposed rule makes room for recipients to exceed the floor of regulations to achieve best practices.
ATIXA understands how challenging it has been for institutions to keep pace with the constant swinging pendulum of the Title IX regulations. We’re here to help you wade through the bureaucratic language to find clarity and the solid practices that will ensure you have a reputable, fair compliance program of integrity. You will leave this training with a solid understanding of the regulations and a plan for the specific implementation needs at your particular institution, including step-by-step exploration of what it will mean to implement new policies and procedures mid-year, and how to ensure a smooth transition for your campus.
Please note there is a one-day NPRiMer Course for only the Overview day, available for those who want only this portion of this training. Please click here to view the 1-day course information, agenda, and register.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Explain the NPRM rulemaking process and anticipated timeline for next steps
- Identify specific policy and process changes anticipated for compliance with the new regulations
- Evaluate current staffing and team structure and determine recommended changes
- Develop training plan for all stakeholder groups
- Assess current pregnancy and related conditions services and support and recommend necessary changes
- Distinguish between sex discrimination and sex-based harassment
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Victim Advocates
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety
Live, In-Person Training
- $1,690 Member
- $1,790 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- January 21 - 22: 8:30am - 4:30pm ET Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.