Gain Insight on Title IX’s Applicability in Health Care Settings
This seminar is intended for Title IX coordinators and administrators in various healthcare profession settings, including technical schools, colleges, universities, clinical programs, hospitals, and other healthcare settings.
ATIXA’s experienced faculty members will address the complexities practitioners face in multi-jurisdictional healthcare settings and discuss the industry standards for Title IX compliance in healthcare education. The workshop will focus on determining jurisdiction, assessing coverage for federally funded residency programs, providing supportive measures in a facility not owned or operated by the institution, and collaborating with a clinical site when the respondent is the site’s employee. Placement criteria, memoranda of understanding (MOUs), and cooperative agreements will be explored with respect to the applicability of Title IX.
Realistic scenarios and case studies will allow participants to practice applying their knowledge.
- Refresh on Title IX
- Stop, Prevent, and Remedy
- Formal Grievance Process Overview
- Informal Resolution Overview
- Title VII and VAWA
- Internships, Externships, Rotations, Residencies, and More
- Jurisdictional Rubric
- Providing Supportive Measures
- Relationships, MOUs, and Collaborative Responses
- Recordkeeping Protocols
Provide appropriate Title IX education to clinical site liaisons, review formal complaints, and coordinate multiple entities’ responses to ensure a safe environment is provided.
After completing this seminar, participants will…
- Manage overlapping policies and procedures between the recipient and a clinical placement site, especially when both may be subject to Title IX
- Provide appropriate Title IX education to clinical site liaisons
- Review a formal complaint and determine: 1) When do Title IX and/or other policies apply 2) Which entity(s) have jurisdiction 3) Appropriate application of supportive measures 4) Coordination of multiple entities’ responses
- Identify when the Title IX Coordinator should recommend terminating a clinical site relationship as the result of sex- or gender-based harassment or discrimination
Who Should Attend?
- Healthcare Administrators
- Title IX Coordinators in Health Professions Educational Settings
- Title IX Coordinators for Institutions with Health Professions Educational Programs
- Academic Administration and Deans in Health Professions Administration
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
Please note, Seminars do not offer certifications but they do receive digital badges. Attendees will earn 2 re-certifying credits toward any currently held Certifications. Please click here to view our Continuing Certification Credits (CCC) FAQs.
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $229 Member
- $329 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact email@example.com for personalized assistance.