Gain foundational knowledge and skills for K-12 investigators.
K-12 Civil Rights Investigator One: Foundations is our foundational etraining for civil rights investigators, Title IX Coordinators, Deputy Coordinators, and/or school-based administrators. Attendees will acquire the fundamental skills necessary to conduct sex- and gender-based misconduct investigations in schools. This training meets the required training mandates under the 2020 Title IX regulations for participants, whether you are a full-time investigator or have investigation responsibilities on top of other duties.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Identify and adhere to compliance requirements and best practices specific to investigations from foundational case law and federal regulations
- Explain the steps of a formal investigation
- Develop an investigation strategy after receiving a formal complaint
- Describe how the Investigator and Title IX Coordinator roles work together during the investigation process
- Distinguish relevant evidence from directly related evidence
- Prepare appropriate interview questions for complainants, respondents, and witnesses
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Superintendents, Principals & Assistant Principals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Law Enforcement/School Resource Officers
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
On Demand & Asynchronous
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Bulk discounts are available for greater than 15 seats. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase. Each registration is meant for individual use; please don't share your training login information with anyone in your school or district. Your purchase is valid for one calendar year. For questions, please get in touch with us at events@atixa>.org."
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.