Apply the ATIXA Consent Construct: The Three Questions
Understanding and analyzing consent requires an appreciation of the nuances of how consent really works.
ATIXA’s expert faculty members will lead a detailed discussion of consent, including legal and policy constructs, consent communication, implied consent/reciprocation, ratification, incapacitation, conditions on consent, and withdrawal of consent.
Attendees will participate in small group breakout sessions to apply these lessons to short case studies. Following this, participants will share their findings and consolidate their learnings into a coherent consent construct with guidance from ATIXA faculty.
- Consent Definition and Theory
- Consent Principles
- Consent Analysis
- Consent and Kink
- ATIXA Consent Construct
- Force and Coercion
- Case Studies
Distinguish between pure consent, “affirmative” consent, implied consent, consensual non-consent, and more, and how to separate analysis of force from consent from incapacity.
After completing this workshop, participants will…
- Distinguish between different consent standards including pure consent and “affirmative” consent
- Explain the concept of implied consent and how it can inform investigation questions and policy determinations
- Understand how consent works in kink interactions
- Apply the ATIXA Consent Construct in practice
- Identify indicators of force or coercion and develop appropriate follow-up questions
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Hearing Chairpersons
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Informal Resolution Facilitators
- Intake/Case Coordinators
- Training and Prevention Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety/School Resource Officers
- Victim Advocates
- Athletic Directors & Administrators
- Athletic Coaches
- Disability Services Professionals
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professionals
- Student Affairs Administrators
- Superintendents, Principals, & Assistant Principals
- LGBTQIA+ Resource Center Professionals
This workshop is tailored to be applicable for Higher Education Institutions, K-12 Schools and Districts, as well as Dual Enrollment programs.
Please note, Workshops do not offer certifications but they do receive digital badges. Attendees will earn 4 re-certifying credits toward any currently held Certifications. Please click here to view our Continuing Certification Credits (CCC) FAQs.
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact email@example.com for personalized assistance.