Training & Certification Levels
- Title IX Coordinator & Administrator
- Civil Rights Investigator Levels
- Special Topics
- K-12 Certifications
- Hearing Board Certifications
Introducing Newly Revised and Updated ATIXA Certifications
For 2020, ATIXA has revamped and updated our certification offerings with revised content, streamlined schedules, more venues, and added certification training courses. The goal for 2020 is to be more modular in our training offerings, so that you can find more trainings, more often, and pair our trainings to match your specific training needs.
What’s New for 2020?
- Starting in 2020, ATIXA’s four-day Title IX Coordinator Level One Certification is now a two-day Title IX Essentials training. The goal is to make the trainings more modular, so that if you only have time for a two-day training, you can start with that, and take subsequent modules later to add to your knowledge base. Or, if you come to one of our four annual ATIXA multi-day events, you can combine Level One with any other level to get the training that is best suited to your needs and professional role.
- Levels 2-5 of the Coordinator Certifications have been revamped and updated with refreshed topics, titles, and content.
- For the first time, Levels 1-5 of Coordinator Certification will be offered as ATIXA regional events, not just at our annual hotel events. This should provide you access to Coordinator Certification more locally, more frequently, and at a cost-effective price.
- Level Four of Investigator Certification Training is no longer the Due Process track. We have made Level Four into a whole new course, Advanced Interviewing Skills and Strategies.
- We have created a new three-track framework for ATIXA’s certification trainings:
What Are the Different Ways I Can Get ATIXA Certification?
ATIXA offers Certification in five formats, summarized below:
ATIXA hosts an annual conferences. The East Coast Annual Conference is held in Philadelphia, ATIXA’s home city, in October. This is our traditional conference opportunity for members, offering concurrent sessions, roundtable discussions, opening and closing keynotes, sponsors and exhibitors, featured speaker sessions, plus receptions, dinners, and other networking opportunities. This is a great professional development venue for members to share their learning, innovative programs, and expertise with each other.
Virtual Online Training Events
All of ATIXA’s certification courses are also available year-round. We offer 50 ATIXA on-site events every year and are now doing virtual online trainings due to the situation surrounding COVID-19. Our training schedule can be found via the map above. New for 2020, ATIXA is able to offer the flexibility of 1-day variations of many of our 2-day trainings, for those who can’t afford to take two days away.
Private Campus/District Events
The private campus or district event is a common way that our members arrange ATIXA training. Typically, a minimum of two to four colleges or school districts (often in rural or harder-to-access locations) band together to jointly sponsor, host, and pay for an ATIXA certification. Usually based on a flat fee (rather than per attendee, like our other events) approach, private events are great when you need to train large numbers of employees (as we did recently, for every K-12 school in Hawaii, for example). Typically, the host school provides the logistics for private events, and arranges for the co-sponsoring schools to participate. These events happen every week, but are not listed on the ATIXA website, and are not open to the public. Please contact ATIXA to schedule a private event for your region, consortium, association, BOCES, JPA, etc.
Single Campus/District Certifications
Want to keep an ATIXA certification all to yourself? Not inclined to share with others? We provide hundreds of single-campus or school district-based ATIXA certifications each year. Contact ATIXA to schedule your customized training, with an agenda and length designed specifically for the needs of your school, college, or district. Choose your preferred trainer, the topics that are most important to you, and the timing that works best for us to make a visit to you. It’s common to book visits at least six months in advance, so start planning your visit now.
Not seeing what you need? Contact ATIXA for more details.